Deferring your 2020 entry to the 2021 Honolulu Marathon Weekend
If you have an active registration for any of the 2020 Honolulu Marathon Weekend events, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org on June 1.
Your email will have your unique code which you should use to register for the 2021 event at no charge.
The deferral registration page is only to be used by those who are deferring and have a deferral code.
- Make a note/copy of your unique discount code (in the email you received from email@example.com)
- Go to the defer registration page
- Create or login to your account (you may already have an account if you have entered the Hapalua in the past)
- Enter your personal details
Your name, date of birth and gender must be as you entered them when registering for the 2020 event. A “You must be prequalified” error will message will appear if these are not correct.
- Choose the event(s) you were signed up for in 2020 (will be listed in the email we send you)
- At the payment page, enter/paste your unique code in the discount code field.
- The price of the event will be set to zero (unless you have added a t-shirt or second event to your order).
- Click the Make Payment button and your registration will be completed.
- You will receive a confirmation email when you are done.
- I have an active 2020 registration but I have not received an email.
The email will be sent to the address you used to sign up to the 2020 event. Please check any spam or junk folders
If you do not have access to this email address, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Can I defer to the 2022 Honolulu Marathon
No, the deferral option is only valid for the 2021 events. If you cannot participate in the 2021 live events, you can use your registration for the Virtual Honolulu Marathon.
- When can I sign up for the Virtual Beachfest?
Registration for the Honolulu Marathon Virtual Beachfest will open up in a few months.
Enter your details on this form and we will email you instructions when registration opens.
- Can someone else use my deferral code?
No, the codes are unique to you and linked to your name, date of birth and gender. Please make sure that you use the same spelling of your name as you did when registering for 2020.
- Can I change my event distance?
Yes, but this will be done later. For now, please enter the event you were originally signed up for and that the code is set for. We will open up an event to event transfer soon so that you can change your distance if you wish.
- I entered the 2020 Honolulu Marathon and used my transfer code for the 2020 Virtual Beachfest.
You will need to enter at the regular registration page, and pay the entry fee. Registration is open for Hawaii residents only, until June 14. From June 15-June 30, all North American residents can sign up, and from July 1 registration is open for all regions.
Residents of Japan are requested to go to the Japanese language website for details.
- I have received the code, can I use a different email address to register for the 2022 events
Yes, you can create a registration account with a new email address.
- I am getting the following error message. What should I do?
Your name, date of birth, or gender entered does not match your details you used at the 20202 registration. Please double check your details.
If in doubt, email us at email@example.com
- My discount code is not recognized or doesn’t work.
This can happen if you press the Make Payment and then click the Back button to back to make further changes. The code will be used, and you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and the team can reset it for you.